Event Planning — A One-Day Workshop
Learn the secrets to making meetings, retreats, and even conventions a resounding
Plan, organize, and host events like a pro — even if it's your very first
Ever notice how the best events look effortless? Everything just seems to unfold
perfectly and at just the right moment. A well-planned, well-run meeting,
retreat, or convention is a thing of beauty.
However, anyone who has put together such a gathering knows it is anything but easy
and effortless. Nothing not even the smallest detail can be left to
chance. If there's ever a time when you can count on seeing Murphy's Law in action,
it's during an event. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
As the designated meeting planner, you are responsible for making sure that doesn't
happen. Can this event planning class help you prepare and plan for any event?
It's not my real job. I'm out of my "comfort zone." Most
likely, event planning isn't your primary job. Somehow, the responsibility just
landed in your lap. And now, it's up to you to bring it all together like clockwork
to create the memorable occasion everyone is anticipating.
Get the tips, techniques, and tricks the pros use to put on flawless events
in this educational workshop.
The truth is, there's nothing magical about putting on a well-run professional
gathering. Being organized, doing the right things at the right time, and understanding
a few key strategies will lead to success. You'll discover the inside track at this
seminar and come away with the confidence you need to pull everything off
like a real pro, even if this is your first time planning an event.
Spend a day with us
in our event planning course, and save yourself the worry, wrong turns, and wasted effort!
What our Customers are Saying...
Ready, Set, Go Getting Started Right
- The #1 reason events get off track, and how to avoid it
- How to determine the amount of time you need to prepare for an event
- The absolutely most important thing to do first when you're put in charge
- The 6 essential elements of any meeting, and how to prepare for each
- When you should hold the event at your workplace and when a hotel is a better choice
Building Your All-Important Project Plan
- Key factors to consider in building your timeline
- Critical questions to ask all vendors
- The one thing to always remember about negotiating with vendors
- The 4 basic questions every event planner must be able to answer
- How to create your own working timeline document
Dealing with the Details
- The most important consideration for setting up a registration desk
- What type of food you should serve, how much, and when
- 5 essentials to test at the hotel or meeting facility before you book
Managing Meeting Day
- How top planners decide how many staff members to have on hand, and where to place
- Services for the physically challenged you need more than a barrier-free
- How to deal with language differences in printed materials
- The secret to creating a smooth load-in-load-out schedule that spares time and tempers