Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors
Learn proven ways managers can bring about positive change in people with employee discipline training - without incurring resentment, making enemies or destroying relationships
Straightforward solutions to your employee discipline problems
These days you just can't afford employees who drag down morale, destroy productivity, and distract you
from important projects. Here's a proven system for dealing with difficult employees once and for all.
At this workshop, you'll learn how to …
- Approach an employee about the problem behavior … in a way that minimizes accusations, hostility,
- Create an improvement plan … and get your employee to commit to it
- Coach the employee … so there's no chance of misunderstanding
- Document the process … to encourage steady progress
- Discipline, reassign, or dismiss the person if the problem doesn't improve … and
handle it all fairly
With the skills you will gain at this employee discipline training course, you'll get your difficult employees to pull their own
weight. You'll eliminate "weak links" and reveal a fully functioning team.
Recognize these difficult employees?
- The "bad attitudes."
They complain constantly,
and their dismal outlook is poisoning the rest of your team.
Often, they have the skills to do their work well, but they fall
short when it comes to enthusiasm, energy, and commitment.
- The unskilled.
They just don't have the
skills they need. Maybe their jobs have outgrown them. Maybe they
never had the skills, and it's becoming more and more apparent. Or
perhaps they simply lack good judgment.
- The misdirected.
These employees aren't really difficult
at all. They work hard and demonstrate their commitment. Unfortunately,
they're confused about what you expect, or they've gotten distracted from
their goals. They'll be happy to perform if you can help them find the way.
Attend this powerful one-day seminar and learn how to discipline employees who …
- Have a bad attitude
- Are chronically tardy
- Miss work often
- Refuse to take responsibility
- Challenge your authority
- Get derailed by personal problems
With this program you'll learn how to distinguish the types of problem employees. You'll learn the hidden causes behind
difficult behavior, and you'll find out how to deal with each employee carefully and compassionately.
And best of all, you'll learn how to correct the problem with …
- Clear standards
- Realistic action plans
- Progressive discipline
Turn your "lost causes" into solid contributors through this class
All managers have to deal with difficult employees at some point. This seminar is an ideal way for
you and your colleagues to get important training in performance management all at once. After this
seminar, you and the rest of your management team will speak the same language. You'll support each
other in creating action plans, managing difficult employees, and applying progressive discipline.
What our Customers are Saying...
Understanding difficult employees
- What a difficult employee "looks" like: 9 symptoms to watch for
- Emotional and psychological roots of poor performance
- Should you wait until there is a clear pattern of problem behavior? Surprisingly, no
you'll learn why
- A checklist to help you determine if you're unconsciously triggering the poor performance
- Communication breakdowns that lead to performance problems
- How to pinpoint the problems of difficult employees
Taking positive action
- 6 factors to consider when choosing corrective measures
- 7 signs that your difficult employee needs more training
- Ways to prepare yourself to confront a difficult employee
- How to explain the problem to your employee without placing blame or causing defensiveness
- Techniques for setting realistic, clear performance standards (so you reward the behaviors
you want and discourage those you don't)
- Progressive discipline: what to do when initial corrective actions don't work
- How to develop a performance improvement plan
Preparing for dismissals
- Guidelines for documenting the disciplinary process:
- When to start
- What to include
- How to be consistent with company policy and employee agreements
- When and how to use a witness
- The right questions to ask
- When all else fails: how to talk with employees who are not improving and help them feel better about
- How to avoid grievances, and the best ways to handle them if they do arise
1-Day Seminar - US $149.00
Groups of 5 or more: $139.00
Bring this training to your location
Have a group of 15 or more? Try Private Team Training! Bring this topic — or any of our 200+ topics — to your location with customized On-Site Training.
Request a personalized quote today!
Continuing Education Certificates
You can obtain a certificate documenting your professional credits by visiting our certificate page.
Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on credits, including a complete list of eligible courses here.