Quick Reference to HIPAA Compliance
Essential HIPAA information in an easy-to-use format!
Quick Reference to HIPAA Compliance is a guide for human resources managers and employee benefits professionals who administer employer-sponsored health plans, health care providers and anyone who needs to understand and comply with all the regulations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
It provides essential information in an easy-to-use format, and includes practical tools such as:
- Sample notices
- And more!
The 2013/2014 Edition has been updated to include:
- An enhanced section summarizing major points of national health care reform, including changes effective from 2010 through 2014 and information regarding the recent Technical Release, May 8, 2013, requiring employers to notify employees of the public exchanges
- Updated requirements imposed by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), to reflect that U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) published final rules in 2013 on the HIPAA privacy, security, enforcement, and breach notification rules under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act.
- Analysis of HITECH rules requiring changes to the notice of privacy practices, including specific requirements when posting a notice on a website
- Refreshed Job Aids providing the Model Certificate of Group Health Plan Coverage and Model Notice of Enrollment Rights
- Discussion of increased enforcement efforts and increased penalties by HHS